Dear Campus Community,
We write today to assure you that Wheeling University is vigilantly monitoring the spread of the Novel Coronavirus and is dedicated to keeping the campus community safe and healthy.
To help keep our campus community updated on this rapidly evolving situation, this task force is coordinating Wheeling University’s response, as well as addressing any related issues that may impact our students, faculty and staff.
It is important to reiterate that there are no known cases of Coronavirus on Wheeling University’s campus at this time. Be assured our top priority is maintaining the health and safety of our students and employees. The University stands ready to help guide our community through this challenging time.
Maintaining a safe and healthy campus is a team effort. We ask all members of the Wheeling University community to take precautions and communicate readily with the University.
Information to students and employees:
- At this time, the campus will remain open.
- In class, face-to-face instruction will continue at this time. We will re-evaluate these measures on an ongoing basis and make modifications if necessary.
- If you become ill and exhibit any symptoms – a cough, fever and shortness of breath:
- Students – please contact Andrew Lewis, Vice President, Student Services at 304-243-2350 or firstname.lastname@example.org upon the onset of symptoms.
- Employees – please contact your immediate supervisor and follow their instructions.
- Who to contact if you have questions:
Student Concerns – contact the Office of Student Services
Employee Concerns – contact the Office of Human Resources
Academic Concerns – contact the Office of Academic Affairs
Athletic Concerns – contact the Athletic Office
Off-Campus Event Concerns – contact the Office of Conference Services
Media Calls/Concerns – contact Kelly Klubert
- Cleaning/sanitizing – The University has increased its cleaning and sanitizing efforts across all University buildings. All pertinent surfaces are being cleaned multiple times a day. Students and employees should take care to clean their shared spaces such as door knobs, desks, keyboards, etc.
Staying Healthy – There are a variety of resources available to help ensure that you stay healthy over the coming weeks. Recommendations include:
- Maintain social distancing where possible, avoid unnecessary contact.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean your hands often by washing them with soap and hot water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains 60%-95% alcohol. Wash your hands after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- The following resources have other key information:
Check back to this page frequently for more updates.
Wheeling University Coronavirus Task Force