New Student Arrival: Incoming Freshman
- Submit All Official Documents: final high school transcript(s) with signature and month and year of graduation; and (if applicable) final college transcripts; dual-credit, IB transcripts, and score reports from AP, ACT, CLT SAT.
- Change Requests: Any requests such as change in major, address, or class schedule must be sent directly to the Wheeling University Registrar
* All documents and health form(s) must be received at Wheeling University or you will be placed on academic hold, i.e., you will be blocked from enrolling in future classes.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Sign and submit your Financial Aid Offer Letter.
- Send proof of outside scholarships to the Office of Financial Aid as soon as possible. These funds are applied directly to your student billing account upon receipt of the funds.
- If you intend to utilize federal student loans, complete Entrance Loan Counseling and Master Promissory Note for Federal Direct Loans before arriving to campus.
- Apply for an Alternative/Private Loan if parents will not be utilizing the PLUS Loan.
- After July 1, view your bill and account activity through Self-Service.
- Enroll in a semester Installment Payment Plan after July 1; or pay your bill in full through your Self-Service Account by August 8.
- Set up Authorized Users. An authorized user can be a parent, grandparent, or anyone you give permission to see your account activity and who helps you understand your financial situation at Wheeling University.
- Purchase Cardinal Flex Dollars through Self-Service.
- Health Forms for New Student-Athletes: After July 1, you will receive an email from Wheeling University Athletic Training with instructions and a link to complete your health forms online.
- Health Forms for New Students: All new students must register and complete their required Health, Medical and Immunization history through Med+ Proctor. Please note, to access, you will use your Wheeling University email address. All athletes must complete a physical and all required documentation (to be sent by Wheeling University Athletic department).
- Order textbooks online beginning mid-July through the virtual bookstore. You may opt to purchase your books within the Virtual Bookstore or through another vendor. Some required books may not be available for purchase through other vendors. Be sure to use the required book’s ISBN # and edition when searching with alternate vendors.
- Order a parking pass online.
- Sign up for Cardinal Alerts.
Your student email account, which is activated after you deposit, is the primary method of communication between Wheeling University and you – please read all information to stay informed, even during the months class is not in session.
- August 6, 2022 – All Fall Athletes Arrive
- August 19, 2022 – Student Leaders and Resident Assistants Arrive
- August 26, 2022 – First Year and Transfer Students Arrive
- August 28, 2022 – Upper-class Students Arrive
- Office of Financial Aid
- Office of Admission
- Office of Student Accounts
- Office of Student Life and Campus Activities
- Student Success Center
- University Registrar
- Tech Support (IT)
- Student Health Office