At Wheeling University, everything we do is focused on making an impact on students so they can positively impact the world. For students, it means a place where more than facts are studied. It means new ways of thinking are explored. For faculty and staff, it means more than just coming to work every day. It means truly collaborating across the university to put student success first.
- Applicants must be accepted into one of Wheeling University’s graduate programs (M.B.A., MEL, MSA, MSOL, or MSAT) before being considered for the position.
- Registered for 6 graduate credit hours or more each semester, exclusive of audit credits
- Other requirements as stipulated in the offer letter
- All appointments are for one year. Assistantship positions will be reviewed yearly and subject to approval. All students must reapply in order to be considered for another one-year appointment. Stipends are received in exchange for assigned duties of teaching, research, or administrative service
- Stipends are received in exchange for assigned duties of teaching, research, or administrative service
- Students with administrative or coaching duties are called Graduate Assistants (GAs)
- Students with research duties are called Research Assistants (RAs)
- The stipend includes tuition, full room, and $4,000.
- Not required to be available during holiday break periods unless given additional compensation
- Obligated to no more than 20 hours of assigned duties per week and must remain as a full-time student in good academic standing
- Appointing academic program, sport, or area of responsibility determines workload requirements
Departments with Graduate Assistantship Opportunities
- Residence Life
- Campus Activities
- Academic Affairs
Finding a Graduate Assistantship
If you are interested in a graduate assistantship position, it will be best to contact the admission contact of your program. A complete list of all Graduate Programs offered at Wheeling University and contact information can be found on our Graduate Majors web page.
If you are interested in a graduate assistantship position, you will want to visit WU’s Student Jobs System, where these will be posted.
Cancellation of an Assistantship
University assistantships will be canceled if the awardee does not meet his or her enrollment obligations. If a student cannot meet the award’s requirements, he or she must notify the program to renegotiate or reassign the award.