Benefits of Living in Campus Housing as a Graduate Student
Living in graduate housing at Wheeling University includes the ease of moving into a furnished apartment within a community of other Cardinal graduate students. The graduate housing location is just a few blocks from the main University campus. Residence Life support staff as well as 24-hour crisis response coverage are both readily available.
Residents in graduate housing enjoy quick, easy access to the University and in many instances, “on-campus housing” may be the most affordable and convenient option as rent covers utilities including electric, garbage, sewer, hot and cold water, air conditioning and high-speed internet with streaming abilities.
Let’s just say Wheeling University isn’t lacking when it comes to dining. With gorgeous facilities and food options galore, you’ll look forward to breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day…and probably a snack or two in-between!
Most of the time, you’ll dine at the Benedum Room in Swint Hall with wi-fi and a picturesque view of campus through floor-to-ceiling windows and an open-air deck.
- Enjoy many dining options from comfort foods like chicken, roasts, and pasta dishes to pub like pizza, wings, burgers, and deli.
- International flavors including Asian, Italian, Mexican, as well as healthy salads, greens, grains, and leaner selections round out the extensive menu.
- Breakfast is always a great spread of eggs, meats, cereals, and yogurts, and the Starbucks® has some of the best coffee and snacks around.
On the go? Grab a quick bite at two other dining spots on campus:
- Starbucks® Coffee Shop and Cafe
- The Rathskeller “the RATT” sports pub
Graduate students living in campus housing also receive a meal plan option for $735 per semester that includes 50 meal swipes and $200 flex spending money per semester.
Eligibility & Requirements for Graduate Housing
Availability of units are limited, highly sought after, and awarded on a “first come-first served” basis. If selected, all occupants must agree to and abide by the Wheeling University Student Code of Conduct and all community public safety and security regulations, as well as sign the rental agreement and providing a security deposit. Students with young families may apply. Pets are not permitted.
To be eligible for graduate housing, students must be:
- Registered as a full-time matriculated student, consecutively enrolled for a minimum of 6 credits per term in a Wheeling University graduate degree program.
- Students in good University standing are permitted to apply for a semester or annual renewal in graduate housing for a maximum of three (3) years.
- Part-time students, those solely enrolled in post-graduate certificate programs, students who are on a leave of absence, are under academic probation, or on University sanction of any kind are not eligible for University housing.
Cost of Graduate Housing
Please see our comprehensive list for all Graduate rates and billing.
Apply for Graduate Housing
Please contact the Office of Graduate Housing by calling 304-243-2232 for more information.