Current DPT Students
The physical therapy club is a professional organization committed to serving the community and promoting the profession. As future healthcare professionals, the club strives to promote wellness and fitness throughout the community.
Additionally, the members organize numerous fundraisers throughout the year. Proceeds are used to fund various social activities, as well as to help defer the cost of APTA sponsored student conferences and annual service learning trips. Physical therapy club helps prepare its members to serve as leaders in their community. Club membership is open to any first or second year student in the physical therapy program at WU.
- Marshall County Animal Shelter
- Wheeling Soup Kitchen
- Delay the Disease
- YMCA Miracle League
- Catholic Charities
- Boo at the Zoo – Olgleybay
- Ride With Pride (just not this year)
- PT Day of Service
- United Way Day of Caring
- Wheeling Cleanup Day
- Spring Disc Dance
- Quarter Auction
- Let’s Get Physical 5k
- Clothing order (x2)
- Chipotle (x2)
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Wheeling Nailers
- March Madness Bracket
- Cornhole Tournament
- Halloween t-shirts
- Yankee Candles
- Yeti Cooler Raffle
- Homecoming Raffle Baskets
- Football Fantasy League
- Friday Lunches (x6)
Current officers are:
- Timothy Sarver: President
- AJ Howard: Vice President
- Omar Pulido: Treasurer
- Linsday Nobbe: Secretary
Immunization Requirements for Current Students
We are pleased to announce Med+Proctor, an electronic medical clearance platform, as our way to clear all students medically for enrollment. Med+Proctor is HIPAA and FERPA compliant and your confidential medical information will remain secure. We feel the process will streamline your clearance process and allow you to focus on other important matters as you prepare for your time at Wheeling University. Additionally, the membership provides lifetime access to your immunization data that can be shared with others, as you designate. You must have a valid Wheeling University email address before registering on Med+Proctor.
1. Each student must submit a copy of the Measles, Mumps, Rubella Immunizations: ( 2 Shots with dates either a copy from their Dr. or Clinic, or Health Department, or even the Grade School or High School where the student attended has a copy of these immunizations ). *** This paper paper must be submitted to Med + Proctor before Orientation, so the student can attend the first day of class.
2. A – TB/ or PPD – One Step Skin Test with a date given and a date read, and signed by a Nurse or Dr.. ( A chest X-Ray or even a Blood Test- called QuantiFeron Gold Blood Test can be done. The main thing we are looking for is a Negative Result: to show that the student does not have Tuberculosis. This test has to be done within the past year of the date that the student is first entering Wheeling University. Example: if the school semester starts on August 24 th, 2020; then the test can not be done before August 24,2019. ***This paper must be submitted to Med + Proctor before Orientation, so the student can attend the first day of class.
3. A ( T-DAP ) Tetanus/ Diphtheria / Pertussis Immunization. A paper showing this test must also be submitted. It can not be over 10 years old from the first day that the student starts school. etc.; If school starts on August 24, 2020 then it can not be before August 24, 2019. *** This paper must be submitted to Med + Proctor before Orientation, so the student can attend the first day of class.
4. A picture of the front and back of a current Health Insurance Card, *** Must be submitted to Med + Proctor, before Orientation, so the student can attend the first day of class.
5. Orientation is usually in the middle of August of each year. If all four (4) of the items mentioned above are entered by the end of June, or by the middle of July; then the student will not be rushed to find, or go to the Dr. to get what they may need. This makes the students’ transition into Wheeling University go much smoother.
Please check your WJU email account for your invitation, and feel free to contact the Campus Nurse at (304) 243-2225, if you have any questions.
SUBMITTING YOUR INFORMATION IS EASY!
Step 1: Register
Visit the Med+Proctor website to register a new account. Enter your WU email address to get started and follow the directions to register a new account.
Step 2: Download
Fill out any required personal, medical or insurance information. Download the required forms and follow the directions provided.
Step 3: Upload-Thanks!
Sign back in to your Med+Proctor account and upload a copy of your forms. It is usually easier to take a picture with your cell phone ,and use these pictures and upload them to Med + Proctor. Make sure your forms are complete and legible. You will receive an email confirmation once the forms have been reviewed.